Carne Gisada Con Papas (Meat & Potatoes)
- 2 pounds - Potatoes
- 3 pounds - Round Steak, 1/2" thick
- 8 ounces - Tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon - Black pepper
- 1 - Large garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ teaspoon - Salt
- ½ teaspoon - Ground cumin
- 1 cup - Water, may need a little more or a little less
- Shortening or cooking oil
Peel and cube potatoes into ½" cubes.
Cut round steak into cubes, brown in shortening in heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
Once meat is slight browned add potatoes and continue to brown. (Don't worry if it sticks to the bottom of the skillet).
Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin & garlic.
Add 1 cup of water, simmer until meat & potatoes are tender.
Add more water if needed, the potatoes will thicken the sauce.