Chicago Beef & Potatoes with Dill
Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4 tablespoons - Butter
- 3 medium - Potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 medium - Onions, peeled & sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons - Vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup - Beef stock
- 1 - Bay leaf
- 1/3 cup - Dry red wine
- 1 cup - Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Parsley, chopped
- 1 pound - Beef, cut into 1/2" cubes
- Salt & pepper
In large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter.
Saute potatoes, stirring frequently until golden brown.
Remove from pan, add rest of butter.
Saute onions until translucent & golden.
Remove onions and set aside.
Add oil to skillet and brown meat.
Place meat in casserole, season with salt & pepper.
Add the onions, then potatoes.
Pour hot beef stock over.
Add bay leaf & wine.
Cover and bake for one 1 hour.
Shortly before serving, stir in sour cream and top with chopped dill & parsley. Stir.
Return to oven to warm.