Chipotle & Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) - Beef broth
- 1 large - Sweet potato, peeled & shredded
- 1 - Carrot, shredded
- 1 medium - Onion, chopped
- 1 small - Chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon - Cumin seed
- ¼ teaspoon - Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon - White pepper
- ½ cup - Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Combine the beef broth, sweet potato, carrots, onions, chipotle pepper, cumin, allspice & white pepper in a 4-quart pot.
Cover the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat.
Using a hand-held immersion blender, partially puree the mixture.
Stir in the cheese until it melts.