Potatoes Rio Grande
Yield: 6 servings
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- 1 pound - Potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon - Cooking oil
- 1/2 - Green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 - Green chili, diced
- 4 cloves - Garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon - Chives, finely minced
- 8 ounces - Stewed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon - Black pepper
- 1/2 cup - Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon - Parsley, minced
Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
When the oil is hot, add the bell pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chile, garlic & chives; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Stir in the stewed tomatoes & black pepper.
Cook to reduce the liquid to about half.
Add the potatoes and continue cooking until heated through.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the potato mixture and cover the skillet.
Cook until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.