Sweet Potato Streusel Casserole
Serves: 6 to 8
- 4 large - Sweet potatoes (about 2½ pounds)
- ½ cup - Butter or margarine, divided
- 2 large - Eggs
- ¾ cup - Milk
- ¾ cup packed - Brown sugar, divided
- ½ cup - Bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon - Salt
- ¼ teaspoon - Nutmeg
- ½ cup - Old-fashioned Oatmeal, uncooked
- ¼ cup - All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup - Pecans, finely chopped
Bake potatoes in conventional oven or microwave oven until tender.
Split open; scoop pulp into large bowl, discarding skins.
Melt ¼ cup of the butter; beat into potatoes.
Beat in eggs, milk, ¼ cup of brown sugar, bourbon, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg.
Spread evenly into 1½ quart casserole dish or 8" glass baking dish.
Combine remaining ½ cup brown sugar, oats & flour in small bowl.
Cut in remaining ¼ cup butter until mixture is size of small peas.
Stir in pecans.
Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
Bake in 350° oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
For a crisper topping, broil 4 to 5" from heat source for 3 minutes or until browned & bubbly.