Two Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- 8 large - Potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 heads - Garlic, break cloves off & peel
- 3 cups - Heavy cream, reduced by half
- 4 ounces - Butter
- ¼ cup - Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons - Wasabi paste
- Salt & black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot place potatoes, garlic, cold water & salt.
The water should taste salty and completely cover the potatoes.
Bring to a boil and cook for 30-45 minutes until a pierced potato slides easily off of the knife.
Do not over cook.
Drain potatoes & garlic, place on a rack in a 250° oven to dry them out a bit, about 15 minutes.
Transfer potatoes to a mixer with a paddle, (may have to be done in 2 batches).
On medium speed, mix the potatoes smooth and add half of the cream, butter, horseradish, wasabi & season.
Add the rest of the cream and check for flavor.