Cajun Sausage & Habanero Potato Salad
- 3/4 pound - Andouille sausage
- 3½ pounds - Baby red potatoes
- 1/3 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons - White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Tabasco Habanero Sauce
- 1 tablespoon - Whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 - Red bell pepper, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup - Celery, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 4 - Scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon - Celery salt
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
Fill a large sauce pan 3/4 full of water and a few tablespoons of salt.
Set over medium heat.
Meanwhile, grill the sausage until fully cooked.
Remove from heat.
Cover to keep warm.
Boil the potatoes in the salted water until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes.
Drain the potatoes. If they are too large, cut into bite-sized pieces.
Transfer to a mixing bowl while still warm and cover.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, pepper sauce & mustard.
Slice the sausage lengthwise and then cut into 1/2" pieces.
Add to the potatoes.
Add bell pepper, celery & onions.
Gently fold in dressing and season with celery salt.
Taste and add salt & pepper as needed.