Irish Potato Balls
- 6 - New potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons - Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup - Sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon - White pepper
- 1 - Egg
- 1 tablespoon - Scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon - Parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoon - Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup - Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
Combine potatoes and water to cover in a saucepot, over a moderate flame.
Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Drain well and mash until smooth.
Add 2 tablespoons butter, sour cream, salt, white pepper, egg, scallions " parsley.
Shape into 2" diameter balls (2 per portion).
Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Place into an ungreased baking pan.
Brush with melted butter.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Arrange onto a serving platter.
Garnish with parsley sprigs.