Potato & Mushroom Curry
- ¼ cup - Peanut Oil
- 3 large - Onions, chopped
- 1½ pounds - Mushrooms, chopped
- 7 ounce can - Green chilies, chopped
- 7 cloves - garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons - Ginger, grated
- 6 medium - Potatoes, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons - Tumeric
- 1½ teaspoons - Cumin Powder
- 1½ teaspoons - Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons - Salt
- ½ cup - Sour Cream
Saute the first 6 ingredients over low heat in a large covered saucepan until thoroughly cooked (20-25 minutes).
While the above is cooking, steam the potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
After the mushroom mixture is cooked, add the turmeric, cumin powder, black pepper & salt.
Add the potatoes to the curry mixture and heat through.
Stir in and heat the sour cream.